Serving Size: 2 Chewable Tablets
Servings per Container: 45
Each Chewable Tablet Contains:
Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)...................................................100 mg
(from 129 mg Pharma GABATM 80 Complex)
Xylitol, stearic acid, hydroxypropylcellulose, silica, natural tropical fruit flavour (banana, pomegranate, pineapple, mango, passionfruit, orange, tangerine, mandarin), citric acid, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, wheat, gluten, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
Chew 1–2 tablets 3 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks.
- Improves calmness and relaxation with daily stress, reduces the negative effects of caffeine consumption, and complements other anti-stress supplements
- Fast acting, effects can be felt in as little as five minutes and can last from four to six hours
- GABA-Pro uses Pharma GABATM, the natural form of GABA which is superior to the synthetic. It is naturally manufactured via a fermentation process that utilizes Lactobacillus hilgardii, the bacterium used to ferment vegetables in the preparing the traditional Korean dish kimchi.
- Gentle and non-addictive with virtually no side effects
- Delicious tropical fruit flavoured chewable
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) is one of the major inhibitory neurotransmitters in the central nervous system, balancing the excitatory effects of glutamate on neuronal activity. The inhibitory effects of GABA are generally considered to lessen anxiety, relax muscle tension, and have sedative-like effects.1 In addition, conditions such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and epilepsy have all been associated with low GABA concentration or activity.2,3 GABA has also been shown to cause a significant increase in alpha brain waves compared to control, indicative of a more relaxed state, as well as better concentration. In a clinical trial involving patients with a fear of heights, GABA-Pro was found to increase salivary levels of sIgA while crossing a suspension bridge, as compared to the control group whose salivary IgA levels dropped 35%.4 This is indicative of the stress reducing effect of GABA-Pro.5,6
Increasing GABA activity is also a therapeutic target for many medications used in the treatment of insomnia, often by targeting GABA receptors. This has the effect of decreasing waking, shorten sleep latency, and increasing slow-wave sleep.7,8