Serving Size: 3 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings per Container: 60
Each Capsule Contains:
Calcium D-Glucarate (d-Glucaric Acid Calcium Salt)........75 mg
Indole-3-Carbinol (3-Hydroxymethylindole)...................75 mg
Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (leaf) (80% Catechins, 45% EGCg*, <1% Caffeine).....50 mg
Tomato Extract (Lycopersicon esculentum) (fruit) (5% Lycopene)........................50 mg
Broccoli Powder (Brassica oleracea var. italica) (aerial) (0.36% Sulforaphane).........27.5 mg
DIM (3,3’-Diindolylmethane).........................................25 mg
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (rhizome) (95% Curcuminoids).................25 mg
Milk Thistle Extract (Silybum marianum) (seed) (50–60% Silymarin)...............25 mg
Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis) (leaf)............12.5 mg
Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
3 capsules once per day with food or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 12 weeks.
- IGF-1 has a known pathogenic role in cancer, increasing growth of existing cancer cells. Lycopene supplementation decrease IGF-1 by 25%.7
- In a 34 patient randomized controlled trial foods enriched with bioactive compounds, including rosemary extract (Rosemarinus officinalis), were found to be a promising adjuvant therapy in advanced breast cancer patients8
- Green tea polyphenols inhibit the proliferation of breast cancer cells in vivo and in vitro9
- Silymarin can down-regulate gene products involved in the proliferation of tumour cells (cyclin D1, EGFR, COX-2, TGF-beta, IGF-IR), invasion (MMP-9), angiogenesis (VEGF) and metastasis (adhesion molecules)10
- Curcumin inhibits human breast cancer cell growth by mediating certain signalling cascades including the modulation of the NF-κB signalling pathway11
- Sulforaphane can inhibit the expression of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) protein in MCF-7 cells, inhibiting proliferation and down-regulating hormone receptor expression12
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
In general, estrogen can be divided into several biochemically distinct hormones: estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), estriol (E3), and 17β-estradiol.1 In premenopausal women, estrogen is enzymatically converted to several specific estrogen metabolites including 2-hydroxyestrone (2-OHE1), 2-hydroxyestradiol (2-OHE2), 4-hydroxyestrone (4-OHE1), 4-hydroxyestradiol (4-OHE2) and 16α-hydroxyestrone (16α-OHE1). Both 16α-OHE1 and 2-OHE have contrasting biological activities at the cellular level with 16α-OHE1 being an estrogen agonist and proliferative, while 2-OHE is an estrogen antagonist and antiproliferative.2 As such, an increased ratio 2-OHE:16α-OHE1 is associated with a reduced risk of invasive breast cancer risk in premenopausal women.3 Several natural products found in EstroVantage EM support this latter concept including DIM, and indole 3 carbinol (I3C). A human study has confirmed that daily supplementation with 300 mg of I3C daily for 12 weeks significantly increased the 2-OH-estrone: estriol metabolite ratio without notable adverse events.4 Other compounds in EstroVantage EM, including calcium-d-glucarate, inhibit beta-glucoronidase activity, allowing for the excretion of estrogen before reabsorption.5 It is estimated that a 4% calcium glucarate supplemented diet inhibits beta-glucuronidase activity by 70%.6